Are we throwing the Black victim card at the table again?

>> Tuesday, February 24, 2009


The New York Post has published a cartoon which has drawn Al Sharpton and others indicating the cartoon portrayed by Sean Delonas as inciting racial attacks on President Obama. Although I must confess when I first heard it, because it was coming from Al, I thought was this another black victim card being thrown, but seeing the cartoon I have my eye brows raised a little.

If I am to give Sean Delonas the benefit of the doubt, I am still trying to understand what was going through his mind when he looked at his final product, and decided to bring it to the editors (whom I will save the blog readers time to question). Even the idea of a gruesome ape being shot by it self should have been a turn off even if you are so under a stone and didn't see the implications with the chimp association. As much as Obama didn't write the stimulus bill, you ask the average person today about stimulus bill and Obama comes to mind. People wake up and smell the coffee. This cartoon is ridiculously filled with room for questioning. How could they have missed it.

1 comments:

Tamii February 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

They didn't miss it. After studying mass communications for over 4 years, you realize that nothing in the media is an accident. This was planned and deliberate intended to portray a specific perception and illicit a specific reaction.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP